Release Date: July 2nd 2012
oi_151a_prestable5 AKA oi_151a5 is a bug and security fix release. Yes, that says prestable5, having the prestable number different from the a* number needlessly confused people so hopefully we're all clear now.
This is an ISO release.
This release includes the async zfs destroy feature from illumos that comes with a new zpool version.
Remember upgrading a zpool is a non-reversable command and any zpools you upgrade may not be readable with previous versions of OI, including other BEs on the same system.
The ZFS feature flags concept is documented here: http://blog.delphix.com/csiden/files/2012/01/ZFS_Feature_Flags.pdf. In this context the "zpool version" becomes a legacy concept, and the number is set to 5000 on existing pools during a "zpool upgrade" run.
The list of OI changes is shown below. There's a bump to the kvm stuff - could people test that and see if it fixes any of the issues with non-booting VMs please.
- Bump illumos to 13740:836bfdf31fc4
- #752 add default iscsi ports to /etc/inet/services
- Export _mdb_ks_pageoffset
- SFW fixes and bumps
- libxml2 CVE-2011-3102
- libxslt CVE-2011-1202
- lighttpd CVE-2011-4362
- sudo CVE-2012-2337
- wget CVE-2010-2252
- Bump a2ps to 4.14
- #1422 a2ps has some vulnerabilities
- Bump BIND to 9.6-ESV-R7-P1
- Bump git to 188.8.131.52
- Bump lftp to 4.0.10
- Bump links to 1.03
- Bump OpenLDAP to 2.4.31
- Bump OpenSSL to 0.9.8x
- #2813 upgrade rsync-3.0.6 to rsync-3.0.9
- Bump Wireshark to 1.4.13
- Remove antlr2 python-24 dep
- Remove grails python-24 dep
- Remove hal-cups-utils python-24 dep
- Remove pywbem python-24 dep
- Remove rdiff-backup python-24 dep
- #1206 link libreadline with the new libtermcap (filter) library
- pkg fixes
- Fix search.shtml
- Generalise release notes URL (#427)
- Caiman fixes
- oi-build fixes and bumps
- Bump KVM driver and qemu-kvm
- Add illumos-patched GCC 4.4.4
- Bump NVIDIA driver to 295.59 (#2838)
- Bump NVIDIA driver to 295.49 (previously released into the oi_151a4 repo)
- Fix python library dependencies (previously released into the oi_151a4 repo)
- xnv fixes
- Fix CVE-2011-2895 in libXfont
- Fix pkgdepend resolution
Eratta: I realised that with oi_151a4 the version reported by the slang package got bumped by mistake to 2.2.4 - the actual content is still 2.2.2. Fixing the reporting will just confuse the situation even more and break stuff so it'll stay that way until it actually gets bumped in a future prestable.
As always please bang on it and report issues on bugs.openindiana.org.