Draft Marketing plan for Openindiana (Oi Unix) 2012-2013
- To make Oi as the Open Source UNIX system of choice for the Enterprise Server, Desktop, Mobile, and Cloud enablement.
- Open source stable enterprise software
- Established Proof of concept with community support
- Enterprise Innovation without restriction
- Innovation without restriction
- Enterprise Quality
- Efficiency and security
- Community support No licensing restrictions
- Celestial associations
- File system
- Fault finding and Self healing
- Scalability Stable platform for enterprise
Free Open source license restrictions
- Twitter face book other new media
- Online wiki and forums
- North America
- Emerging markets in the bric nations
- Enterprise Server
- Enterprise Desktop
- USB Cloud Server
- USB Cloud Desktop
- Initially Aimed at Small to Medium Enterprises, development and end user communities.
- To acquire, manage Partners and Alliances.
- Integration of and development through Illuminos
- To maintain relationship with oracle to integrate products
- Freeware developers Adobe systems
- Open source developers examples Mozilla, Gnome Foundation
- Community contributors
Associations and collaboration opportunities
- Aims to build relationships with organisations or groups sharing common goals example Open Data Centre Alliance
- The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
- To integrate Financial open source software such as marketcentra
- To encourage Databases examples Mysql oracle products
- To develop for use with Storage and cloud technology
- Intel® AMT (Active Management Technology) is a remote control technology
- Aims to build relationships with regulatory organisations or groups.
- Initially supported as a community release with the aim of helping integrators and resellers to provide country specific support communities.
- Build a online support knowledge base and documentation
- Build multi domestic country development communities through universities, interest groups, and end users.
- Build and maintain a branded accessible website or portal with sponsors.
- Encourage a philosophy to build, develope, and simplify to promote innovation, user responsiveness, quality and efficiency.
- To assemble groups of expertise in support, development, graphics, marketing, and business enterprise.
- To provide a mechanism to managed donations, sponsorship, and grants.
- To encourage a large enough development community to provide develop progress at or faster than industry standard.
- To encourage compatibility with major mobile and industry standard operating systems.
- Easey access to contribute additional development of a Code exchange and proprietary ips
- Build and develop USB cloud distro version
- Develop touch screen drivers.
- Integrate more software disk tools and monitors.
- Build a Business, Marketing, and Development expertise.