It is strongly recommended for potential contributors to join the oi-dev mailing list and the #oi-dev IRC channel in order to get in touch with other developers and to follow the development.
How to contribute?
If you want to contribute to the Wiki, you can simply get in touch with the team to obtain an account:
- directly on the development IRC channel #oi-dev on Freenode,
- or on the development mailing-list oi-dev.
Our small community is always happy to welcome new users and contributors:
- present yourself so we get to know each other,
- ask all the questions you have in mind,
- report anything that seems unclear to you,
- share any project idea you would like to develop,
Overview of recurring tasks at the OpenIndiana Project
- Maintaining packages
- Release management and testing
- Developing code specific to OpenIndiana
- Bug fixing and bugs triage, QA
- Project infrastructure maintenance, coordination with mirrors
- Operating mirrors
- Monitoring and handling security issues
- website Website and wiki maintenance
OpenIndiana has a fairly young documentation and OI-DOCS articles directed at end-users are located at http://docs.openindiana.org but improvements to the developer documentation would be appreciated as well.
We will appreciate your input on web site ideas. The wiki Wiki needs your contribution and updating. Feel free to contact the mailing list for an account.