Release Date: April 12th 2012
It's here at last! oi_151a_prestable2 AKA oi_151a3 is the third update since OpenIndiana 151a was released in September and the first since then to be available as freshly pressed ISOs.
The list of changes is shown below with the notable item being the pkg backport from the 2010.2H upstream branch.
- illumos fixes and bumps
- update illumos to 022f1af9e21c
- #2098 Fix home directory permissions
- #1530 Obsolete Perl584
- pkg fixes and bumps
- Update pkg to 2010.2H branch
- Fix branding - partial
- SFW fixes and bumps
- libxml2 fix for CVE-2012-0841
- Fix manifest Vendor branding
- Bump meld to 1.4.0
- Fix ISA.pm hashbang
- Fix mutt crash
- Fix previous version bumps
- #1632 meld doesn't work ootb
- #2174 Fix postgres-84/library dependency
- #1628 Distro-Const repo fixes
- xnv fixes
- Bump freetype to 2.4.9
- Bump dejavu fonts to 2.33
- #2446 Bump NVIDIA driver to 295.33
- Bump KVM and qemu with estibi's patch
- #2230 Bump pkgbuild to 1.3.104
- Add IPS dependencies removed from IPS
Eratta: Realised after making ISOs that the opensolaris.org publisher is still sticky. Will see if this is easily fixable or just drop opensolaris.org in the next ISO respin.
You can get ISOs, the full repo or just pkg update from a previous version (But not from b134 which will be fixed in the next release).
Note that the prestable builds are now being pushed to http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev - if you have the /prestable repo set (http://pkg.openindiana.org/prestable) please run this command to switch back to /dev:
pkg set-publisher -g http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev -G http://pkg.openindiana.org/prestable openindiana.org