Release Date: January 18th, 2014
oi_151a_prestable9 AKA oi_151a9 is a bug and security fix release with another JDS rebuild. This is not an ISO release.
The python package issue for a8 should be fixed in the repo now. This means if you got a pkg error trying to upgrade to a8, you should try updating and should have more success now.
If you have updated from oi_151a8, the package gvfs will be missing. Check this with ``pkg info gvfs''. This package was inadvertently deleted in oi_151a8. Without this package, desktop mounting and unmounting CD and DVD disks and USB drives will be incorrect. Install this package with ``pkg install gvfs''.
The list of changes is below...
- Bump illumos to hg:14187:68927c785889 git:52e13e00ba
- SFW fixes and bumps
- Bump Apache2 to 2.2.26
- Bump APR to 1.5.0
- Bump APR-util to 1.5.3
- Bump BIND to 9.6-ESV-R10-P1
- Bump mutt to 1.5.22
- Bump ntpd to 4.2.7p411
- Bump OpenLDAP to 2.4.38
- Bump Samba to 3.5.22
- Bump Wireshark to 1.8.12
- Fix Apache 64bit binaries
- Fixes for PHP - https://hg.openindiana.org/upstream/oracle/userland-gate/rev/f225f89a0538
- Fix unrar password function - http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/pkgsrc/archivers/unrar/patches/Attic/patch-consio.cpp?rev=1.1
- Fix weird subversion build issue
- pkg fixes
- #1204 zoneadm cannot create clone of zone from snapshot
- oi-build changes
- Bump illumos-kvm to a8ea37e
- Bump NVIDIA driver to 304.117
- Bump pkgbuild to 1.3.105 plus patches
- Bump QEMU to 1c6181b
- Fix python-26 conditional dependency
- Fix python-26 pyconfig.h
- Add automake-1.11
- Add jq
- Add tmux
- oi-build build system cleanups
- Lots of release engineering fixes for pkg planning, version bumps and obsoletions
- jds changes can be found here: http://hg.opensolaris.cz/oi-jds/shortlog
As usual please confirm bugs reported to see if they're fixed or still apply to a9 and, as always, please bang on it and report new issues on bugs.openindiana.org.
You can get the full repo or just pkg update from a previous version.