The unified build system oi-userland is subject to constant improvement.
Whenever you modify or update a components, please look through the following ongoing tasks:
- Fix paths to make rules: $(WS_TOP)/make-rules and explicit paths should be replaced with $(WS_MAKE_RULES).
Remove any resolve.deps file: they are artifacts of an older dependency system and should be deleted.
- Add REQUIRED_PACKAGES: if the list of required packages (runtime dependencies) is not present at the end of the component Makefile, use 'gmake REQUIRED_PACKAGES' to add it (see Best Practices).
- Add build dependencies: some build dependencies are not detected by the build system, look for instance in configure.ac and add the packages for REQUIRED_PACKAGES manually in a separate list.
- For component depending on JPEG libraries: make the transition to libjpeg8-turbo.
- Look if the component is queued for update with GCC 7.1 and cherry-pick existing changes from this branch.
- Doxygen update: since the update to 1.8.13 the HTML documentation is generated differently.
Feel free to ask for help on the IRC or developer mailing-list.