Hipster 2017.10 is here
We are glad to announce that Hipster 2017.10 snapshot is available.
Mirror list: https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Mirrors
This release is signed and verifiable by GPG. The OpenIndiana Release Engineering key has key id 0x3a021afadbe31887.
The public key:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
How to verify:
General system changes
Xorg was updated to 1.19.5 (Note, that if you run OI as VirtualBox guest, you should switch to vesa driver, as latest VirtualBox guest additions (currently 5.1.30 or 5.2.0) don't provide Solaris xorg drivers for Xorg 1.19). An issue causing Xorg being launched as root was fixed.
Mate was updated to 1.18 version.
IIIM (Internet/Intranet Input Method Framework) is not delivered by default (IBus is shipped instead) and will be removed soon. Installer was reworked to configure XKB for switching keyboard layouts in Mate. US layout is always the default one. Additional layout is selected based on chosen language.
Text installer now can perform basic OpenIndiana installation to existing ZFS pool (for example, in parallel to existing OpenIndiana installation). The option is considered advanced and should be used with care, but allows you to install minimal OI system to existing pool. To use it, press F3 on 'Welcome' screen.
Cluster suite was updated.
We've worked with MongoDB developers to fix several issues in MongoDB 3.4 component. The possibility of running MongoDB OI buildbot is being investigated.
We've started to remove Gnome 2 components and libraries. Be warned if (by some strange reason) you still haven't switched to Mate.
ABI compatibility for Solaris 10u10 binaries was added.
Desktop software and libraries
Xorg was updated to 1.19.5, xorg libraries and drivers were updated.
Mate was updated to 1.18
Enlightenment was updated to 0.21.8
- Firefox was updated to 52.4.1
- VLC was updated to 2.2.6
- Thunderbird was updated to 52.4.0
- Lightdm now properly interacts with Solaris-specific Xorg interface, allowing X server to drop privileges.
- several issues in time-slider were fixed (complex configurations with multiple included/excluded filesystems are fixed, zfs-send plugin is working again)
- libjpeg was updated to 1.5.2
Gstreamer and gstreamer plugins were updated to 1.12.3
WebkitGTK2 was updated to 2.16.6
btltty was updated to 5.5
Nvidia driver was updated to 340.104
- goffice was updated to ABI-incompatible 0.10.35 version, all dependent software should be recompiled
- zsh was updated to 5.3.1
- mc was updated to 4.8.19
- tmux was updated to 2.6, screen - to 4.6.1
- tcpdump was updated to 4.9.2
- mutt was updated to 1.9.0
- fish 2.6 was added
- GNU sed was updated to 4.4
- GNU awk was updated to 4.1.4
- GOST support was addded to OpenSSL
PostgreSQL 10 was added, PostgreSQL 9.4-9.6 were updated to latest minor versions. PostgreSQL 9.3 was removed (9.4 is the default one now).
MongoDB 3.4 was updated to 3.4.9, several portability fixes were added.
MariaDB 10.1, Percona Server 5.6,5.7 were updated to latest minor versions. Percona Server 5.5 and MariaDB 5.5 were removed.
- Cluster suite was updated and is 64-bit only now (corosync 2.4.2, resource-agents 4.0.1, pacemaker 1.1.17, pcs 0.9.159, cmrsh 3.0.1)
NodeJS 8 was added, NodeJS 7 and 6 were updated to latest minor versions.
- Net-snmp was updated to ABI-incompatible version 5.7.3. All dependent packages should be recompiled.
OpenVPN was updated to 2.4.3.
- ISC Bind was updated to 9.10.6
- ISC DHCP server was updated to 4.3.5
- Squid was updated to 3.5.27
- Nginx was updated to 1.13.6
- Apache 2.4 was updated to 2.4.29. Apache 2.2 was removed.
- Lighttpd was updated to 1.4.46
- Postfix was updated to 3.1.6.
Samba was updated to 4.4.16
GeoIP was updated to 1.6.11. geoip-database shipping GeoIP databases was added
Nodejs was updated to 6.11.5 and 8.8.1
A lot of other bug fixes and minor software updates included.
As always, we are proud to deliver to you latest illumos-gate bits.